At Pinemont Preschool, we acknowledge the importance of the early years and our role in a young child’s development.
- We believe children learn through play and direct connection to the outside environment. Educating children on the conservation and protection of our environment is embedded into our curriculum.
Educators provide developmentally appropriate practices that are inclusive of all children’s abilities and needs, both as individuals and as a group.
- Great importance is placed on intentional and open-ended play experiences that enable children to develop their problem solving skills and physical abilities.
- The curriculum is flexible and stimulating, offering challenges and promoting children’s agency in new experiences and enabling children to develop to their full potential.
- Our curriculum offers children familiar routines whereby children feel safe and secure and develop a sense of belonging.
- Our curriculum provides strategies for children to build on their self regulation which in turn leads to an optimum state for learning.
At Pinemont Preschool, we strive for genuine, positive relationships with children, families and each other.
- The relationships and partnerships that we build with families are just as important as our relationships we have with the children.
- Greater understanding and positive outcomes come from communication.
We ensure all children, families and staff can access our service, regardless of gender, country of origin, religion or physical ability. We recognise and respect the importance of the Traditional Custodians of our land, the Wurundjeri people, varied cultural backgrounds of the children, families, staff and the local community.
Our Curriculum reflects both the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Development Frameworks.
Our Preschool values our motto of PLAY, LEARN and INSPIRE.