Welcome to Pinemont Pre-School
Following three years of meetings, fundraising, building design and countless working bees, Pinemont Pre-School was officially opened in April 1966 by the local member of Parliament, Mr. W Manson, in the presence of the Mayor, other officials and a group of eager parents. The spirit of community and dedication still surrounds the pre-school today.
Today Pinemont is run by a dedicated parent committee that volunteers their time to see that the kinder is the best it can be in all areas including administration, resources, quality programming and social connections.
Parental involvement is welcomed and is the backbone of Pinemont Pre-School, as it was over 50 years ago.
Our well qualified, enthusiastic staff provide a fun, creative pre-school program in a caring and stimulating environment. The happiness and positive self esteem of our children is paramount.
Pinemont Pre-School’s Statement of Principles:
- Meet the needs of children whose families reside and work in Maroondah
- To provide an environment that respects and maintains the linguistic and cultural backgrounds of the children.
- Enable children to develop to their full potential taking into account their individual needs.
- Provide support for the family as a whole.
- Involve parents in the management of the service.
- Provide an environment where parental concerns can be addressed.
- Encourage parent/family involvement in the day-to-day operation of the Centre.
- Develop and maintain optimum working conditions, allowing opportunities for staff support and training.
- Involve staff in the decision making processes and in the ongoing evaluation of the Centre’s policies and development of the service.
- Provide an atmosphere in which staff can work as a team and where levels of training and personal skills are respected, valued and utilised.